Friday, September 1, 2017

Happenings in the Fast Lane

We all make choices every day. Most are good choices. Most we don't even give much thought to. When it comes to starting a new business, you have to make lots of choices and you need to make them quickly. Time for thought and deep consideration go out the window. It doesn't mean the choices are made rashly.

I chose to hire a business coach. I had gone as far as I could on my own. I looked at a business coach a couple years ago. To the tune of $22,000 plus my flight to Vegas and room for four days. Yeah,  I was going to get four whole days of training and be turned out into the world as a business woman. Some how it didn't add up for me. My coach is costing me 10% of that and I meet with her every week for two and a half hours. She is guiding me step-by-step through the process of getting ready to launch a business. 

I needed a domain name. I have one. I need landing pages, I will have those once I've had a photo shoot. I will have a website. I will have a membership page and a place on Facebook where members can meet and discuss issues in writing. I will have Meet-ups for those who are local. I need to find a location to hold them. 

These are all choices. I still have 7 weeks of coaching left. My e-books from the first class have been changed to print workbooks, one has been turned into four one-day workshops. I'm working on a weekend workshop. I'm hoping to get a one-week retreat in. Then finally an end of year bash of some sort. 

I am seeking out people to collaborate with. People who can share a workshop, telesummit, or other venue. 

I am building a Master mind team. People to work with me to make my program the best one out there. 

This is not a fly by night business, when I open, I am opening to stay for as long as I can. My goal is to help authors who want to reach their dream potential. Do I see them as competitors? No, I see them as people shouldn't have to walk through the darkness of being published. There was no one to guide me and I learned by trial and error...lots of error. It shouldn't be so hard. You should be able to make a living at it. I have the skills to teach you to write. I have the skills to get you through a novel. I have the skills to help you land a publisher. This is a service. 

So, for now, I'm just making choices about how to get it started and started correctly. 

I'm off.
TTFN




No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...