Friday, April 7, 2017

A-Z Blogging Challenge-Letter F

F is for failure.
Failure is seen as a lack of success. Edison did not give up when he failed. He kept trying.

Failure is the beginning of success, if you learn from your mistakes and keep trying, you will eventually be successful. (Note here, I did not say you would be rich).

I don't know how many stories I have started and had them run into a dead end. They got to a certain point and there was nowhere for them to go. My first novel, Secrets, had two totally different beginnings from what was finally published. The first two starts did not lead to my main character being a loveable librarian. They led more toward her being despised by all and a multitude of people who would be happy she was murdered. Not the image I was trying to portray.

Trial and error is the best way to learn. I have an unfinished novel, because I don't see a clear ending. I think I need  to relook at it with a different thought process in mind. The first two pages grab the reader, other parts keep the reader reading, and then it falls apart. So, it is a project for the future. Maybe an ebook and not a novel. Maybe a different direction will make it a novel. We shall see.

So, do you learn from your failures and try again?
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...