Thursday, September 29, 2016

Official Day 1 Starts Tomorrow



Guess what I did today??? Yep, I went grocery shopping. I can really start following my diet plan. So, here's what tomorrow looks like:

Breakfast: Strawberries 1 cup, one scrambled egg, cinnamon tea and 16.9 oz of water.

Lunch: Cream of Celery Soup* (homemade) and tuna with spinach in it. 16.9 oz water (The diet plan wrapped the tuna in lettuce).

Dinner: Peppered steak** and onions, spinach salad with a drizzle of dressing (Italian)
1 cup cinnamon tea
I am looking forward to this.

* Recipe for Cream of Celery Soup.
Ingredients
6 oz of celery washed and diced
5 oz leeks, trimmed and sliced (I have green onions)
1 clove garlic
1T soy sauce
10 oz vegetable stock (or use bullion)
1/2 tsp. celery seed
5 oz skim milk (I have 2% so will make allowances for it in the calorie count)

Combine all ingredients but the milk in a large sauce pan or small stock pot. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 min, until the vegetables are soft. Remove from heat. Add  milk and run through a blender until smooth. Serve hot or cold.

**Recipe for Peppered Steak
4.25 oz lean ribeye steak with all fat trimmed
1/4 tsp crushed or cracked peppercorns
1 small yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
2 small tomatoes halved
3.5 oz frozen spinach
1 tsp olive oil

Coat the bottom of a skillet with the olive oil, then add the tomatoes and onions and cook over low heat turning as needed. Until browned and soft. (If they begin to stick add a couple tablespoons of water). While they're cooking rub steak well with the cracked peppercorns.
When the veggies are nearly done, add the steak and cook to your desired doneness (about 7 min for medium well) Turn midway so it browns evenly.

Place spinach in a small microwave-safe container, add 1T water, and microwave for 4-6 min. Serve steak topped with onions and accompanied by the tomatoes and spinach.


Hope you enjoy.
TTFN





2 comments:

  1. I'm vegetarian and that cream of celery soup sounds yummy! I need to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, feel free to follow along and use any of the recipes I post. I'm also posting some not in the book as, they fit my needs better.

      Delete

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...