Friday, September 30, 2016

How Day 1 Really Looks

This was not how I planned the day. I was up at 8:30 and my am blood sugar was 83. You may all happy dance, I know I was.

I got eggs delivered from a friend and we chatted for a bit. I made breakfast. I had 1/2 cup strawberries, 2 poached eggs, one slice of rye toast, 1 cup of cinnamon tea, and about 4 oz of water.

The plan  was to go to the bank, make a deposit, and cash a check. This was all accomplished. When I returned home I worked for a bit on a baby layette I am making. Baby due Nov. 8th so I have some time. Turned on the idiot box (TV) for some reruns...background noise mostly. Had thought I'd watch something I had recorded so I could get it off the DVR. Best laid plans, found me asleep before I knew what hit me. Came to life around 2pm angry because nothing else I had planned was getting done.

I have come to the conclusion, when my body is adjusting to healthy foods, it sometimes needs to regroup. Hence, the naps.

Decided it was too late to have lunch, but took my blood sugars 129. I can live with that number. Not quite a happy dance, but close.

Loaded dishwasher and assessed what my menu options were. Did not make Cream of Celery soup as I still have veggie soup I will use up.  Will make peppered steak for dinner and have a spinach salad. I will get my 600 calories without much effort.

Currently have a ton of energy. So, will look to moving some more of my office into the office and out of the living room. There is hope of recapturing the living room by the end of the day tomorrow. I'm excited.

Just made a second cup of cinnamon tea and will be drinking water with dinner. Won't get as much today, but some days that is how it works.

Off to do house stuff.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...