Wednesday, April 20, 2016

A-Z Challenge Letter Q



Q is for question. Don't be afraid to ask questions. If you are sitting in a classroom and don't understand something, ask. There are probably three to five others who don't understand either. Question things you are presented with as truths. If it is too good, it is probably not true. You won't know until you question.

I ask questions to find information. To clarify things I'm not clear on. I also ask my characters questions...is this really the way you want this scene to go? Is this who you really are? Are you leading us on a wild goose chase for a reason? Do I need to rein you in.

I question the things our governments do...state, local, federal. I question the stupid things they spend time and money on while totally disregarding the important things, hunger, poverty, homelessness, veterans services, senior care. They do a lot I don't see as productive and give lip service to the things which matter. So, I ask questions.

I ask questions when doing research. I want to know how someone might react in a situation similar to one I am writing about.

If you want to be informed, ask questions. You learn nothing if you don't ask.

TTFN
2047

3 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of asking questions. At work, many of my coworkers feel my boss is not good at communicating clearly, but I've found if you ask the right questions and just keep asking until you're sure you understand, she's very easy to work with. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Masked Mom, glad there is someone out there willing to ask.

      Delete
  2. Ditto that Rebeka and if you don't ask you don't get as the saying goes.
    Fran
    @FranClarkAuthor
    Writing Women’s Fiction

    ReplyDelete

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...