Thursday, June 5, 2014

What a Day

First I have to go to the doctor's office. They missed a blood test and didn't put a diagnosis on it so I couldn't get blood drawn yesterday. Next, it was to the medical arts center for the blood draw. Good grief, they took a lot of blood. I hope something gets figured out.

I arrived home to find a message from the design team who works on my books. The result is Sanctuary is now in their hands. I am hoping for an early July release.

Then my parents called and asked me to meet them for dinner at a local bar with great burgers. As I was pulling out of my driveway I got a text message. The following photo was there.

The message said: The inside of the Monte Carlo.
My heart plummeted this is the car my granddaughter drives. I couldn't get out of the message to respond so I called her. My daughter says, "Everyone is okay. The car is totaled. I'll call you in a few minutes."
Megs was not texting. She was not talking on her phone. She thought the light had changed and hit the back end of the car in front of her. Aside from some burns on her wrist and scratches from the air bag, there were no injuries. The car on the other hand did not survive. So, they are one car short.

I am now able to breathe again. I would like tomorrow to be calm. I have a door to wash and paint. I have a garage to clean out. The aftermath of my crash with the lawn mower.  Good way to get rid of some other things while I'm at it. Need to find a way to set up for painting the door trim and the outside trim we are replacing. The sooner I get to it the sooner it will get put up. So, while I want it to be calm, I intend to be busy.

TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...