Friday, April 12, 2013

L is for Life


I am learning in my old age to let go of some of the things I thought were important and just live. I've always had to  be in control of situations I was in. When they got out of control, it translated into something being wrong with me.

Since I have retired, I have done more living than I did in the first 50+ years of my life. Boy have I missed a lot. 

I am not afraid to travel. I am writing which has been my life dream. I am freely giving love to someone else. These are the things that make life worth living. 

So, tomorrow while I am packing my bags to go home, I know the next adventure is just around the corner. I am stepping out of my comfort zone and learning to live.

TTFN

14 comments:

  1. I don't believe that you have missed that much. Life is a journey but to fully appreciate life you have to be ready for the experiences. Enjoy all the new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I probably haven't missed as much as I think I have. And I am living my life to the fullest.

      Delete
  2. Nice blog post Rebecka. I guess our comfort zones can change the minute we get comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it wonderful to explore all the possibilities? Hope you're enjoying this AtoZ Challenge. Great to meet you and hope you'll stop by The Write Game again to say hi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, C. Lee. I have been trying to get to all the blogs at least once.

      Delete
  4. I agree. It wasn't until I turned 50 that I learned to ride a motorcycle. I will be 59 in July. I feel as though I just started living and meeting "real" people who make a difference for life instead of against it. There is a saying: Live to Ride and Ride to Live. I get it now, and living Life to the fullest is the only way!
    KaTy Did at: Life's Ride As I See It

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KT, I just turned 59 in Feb. and I promised someone I would learn to ride again. I'm looking forward to lots of rides.

      Delete
  5. Hello, Rebecka! It's wonderful to hear this. I'm glad you're living the life you've always dreamed. Have fun!!!

    Happy A to Z-ing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, thank you. It's a good place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO VERY TRUE!! I need to learn to let go of so many things!!
    Congratulations to you!
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, it was a long time coming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you Rebecka! Life is too short and too beautiful to get bogged down with unimportant things.

    ReplyDelete

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...