Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Health

Today I am thankful for my health.While at times it is rocky, I am really doing quite well. I know being a diabetic has all kinds of complications. It affects the heart, the kidneys, and any other organ that gets in it's way.

I've come a long way to getting my sugars under control. I'm the girl whose A1C-three month blood test-has always been between 8.3 - 11.3 none of which are good. My most recent one done about two weeks ago was 7. See me do a happy dance. I've also lost a pound in that two weeks.

My blood pressure while not crazy, is not as normal as I'd like, but then this is me. My new doctor--actually a nurse practioner is awesome. She listens to what I have concerns with. She also agrees I know my body better than anyone else. I live in it. Or with it as the case may be.

While we are still doing some things that have been neglected, I am feeling better. Which means I'm functioning better.

So today...which is actually yesterday, I am thankful for good health.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...