Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Friends

I am thankful for the multitude of friends I have acquired over the years. While I don't see some as often as I'd like, I think about them.

I have friends I can trace back to kindergarten...yes, Louise, that would be you. Over the years we have moved in and out of each other's lives, but that doesn't mean I don't hold her dear to my heart. We shared those things that only small children can.

Then there are the impetuous friends I collected in my teen years. Some are still around (yes Shelley, you are still around albeit in another state), others have moved on. Those I care deeply about I can find on any given day. I keep in touch with a few. I've lost track of many. But they helped shape me into who I am.

College...that was a new and at times frightening experience. Guess what, it brought a whole new set of friends. Some I've not heard from since we graduated a lifetime ago. About a half dozen or so are still in my close circle of friends and though we don't get together as often as I'd like, I know if I needed them they'd be there. (Deb, Joan, Vicki, Sue....I know where you are).

Somewhere in all that I became an adult. I have friends from when I was first starting out as a single mom, in a new neighborhood. I cherish them. I became friends with neighbors, community members, and teachers. All of whom had an impact on my life. And if Nancy and Sally didn't meet me for lunch once in a while I think sometimes I'd still be lost.

Then there are the friends and colleagues I made in my teaching career. Some are parents, some are neighbors, some just worked with me in some capacity or another. This list is way to long for me to mention everyone, I know I'd leave someone off and I wouldn't want to do that.

Finally, there are those whom I've encountered in my life as an author. While they may only have made their way in briefly, I am honored to be counted  a friend, Jama, Kelsey, Ashely, Kortney, Cesya, Sherrice,...and that list goes on and on.

Never to be forgotten are the friends I've made in South Carolina, Mark, Megan, Joe, Jane, Linda, David, Karl, Kathy.....that list too is a long one. I am looking forward to seeing all of them again soon.

Yes, today and everyday, I am thankful for friends. While I profess to hate people, I know I'd be lost without my friends. God bless you each and everyone.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...