Sunday, October 7, 2012

Woe is Me

Okay, I've put the conference behind me. It's time to settle back into work. Getting ready for my classes at Saginaw Valley State University this week. Working on my hubpages articles, my novel, and blogging. I am also continuing to work on my house.

I awoke yesterday morning to a cold house. I conceded it was time to turn on the furnace. I did and was busy with laundry and other housework. About 7pm last night I thought it felt chilly in the house. On checking the thermostat, I discovered it was only 62 in the house, but the thermostat was set at 68. What's wrong with this picture. Being me the first thing I did was check the propane pig. Not the issue it's 60% full and since it's a 500 gallon tank, that means I have close to 300 gallons in it. The furnace is not turning on.

I crank up the space heater in my living room and turn on the electric fireplace in my bedroom, closing the door to that room knowing it will heat the room to a toasty level. I managed to get the heat to 64. Since I don't mind it cooler for sleeping, I was good with that.

Took my computer, account book and crawled into bed in a room that was close to 80 degrees. Finished out the September books so I could pay bills having to do with the books. Sleep was great.

Called my parents this morning with my periodic request for dynamite. Often I feel dynamite would solve all this issues with my house. Mom laughed and told me to push the reset button. Okay, I have no clue what I'm looking for. It's supposed to be on the furnace. Yeah, right, I'm going to be able to find it.

However, dutiful child that I am, I grab a flashlight and enter the dungeon.(I have a Michigan basement. You enter it from the outside.) First I checked the circuit breakers, none of them were tripped. On to the furnace, okay I'm not taking it apart to find a reset button. I wouldn't know how for starters. So, I dug the small space heater out of the closet....at least the bathroom would be warm. Turned the fireplace back on, and the space heater in the living room. I have achieved 68 degrees in the house. Oh, I did turn on the electric heat upstairs. I set it at 60. That is probably helping...provided it works.

Tues. will see a furnace person in here showing me where the reset button is. Cost I don't care. I don't want to be cold any more.

Taking a good book to bed with me tonight. Y'all keep warm.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...