Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday Already?

I was able to finish my afghan project for the wedding yesterday. It is one of my better pieces, but am not sure I will attempt it again as it took the better part of a month.

I love family gatherings. Weddings seem to be the place for those. We celebrated the marriage of my cousin and the 60th anniversary of her grandparents. Veggies, crackers, cheese, fruit and cake in the church after the reception. Then family went out to dinner. Since some of the family was in from parts in the far west....Arizona and New Mexico, it was great to have extra time with them. Those of us who live in Michigan don't see each other often enough to say so....mores the shame. It was a good time for everyone.

I've had time to look over edits by my publisher on the first of my three short stories and the first three chapters of my novel. We seem to be on the same page about a lot of things. :) That is a good thing. I have two more short stories to get started on. I have a couple of ideas and we'll see where they lead. The first one did not work out. But that happens.

I'll be busy this coming week as I leave on Wed. for the east coast to attend the wedding of my niece. I am looking forward to that. I have told Dad I will do some of the driving so that he does not have to do it all. We are both capable drivers. That will be a packed weekend.

Not much else until the first weekend in November when I have a speaking engagement. I am looking forward to that. It will be at least a half-day affair with lunch. Possibly some book sales. That's always a good thing.

Other than that, it's life as normal. Getting ready for Thanksgiving, my daughter's birthday, Christmas then shutting down the house and escaping for the winter. Hoping you all a restful evening and wonderful week.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...