Friday, September 16, 2011

Just Thoughts

Stopped in at the school today. I needed to drop off some things that can be used for Positive Behavior rewards. I find something totally wrong with that. Good behavior was expected when I was in school. I also wanted to talk to a couple of people. It was good to see friends, but I'm so glad I have retired. I also wanted to touch base with the new superintendent as I had subbed under him when I first started working.

After leaving school I went to see a parent and former student whose son is struggling to offer what help I could. His son is the age he was when I had him my first year up here. Look how time flies. I don't know if they felt any better, but I did my best. I had checked with the student's teachers before talking to the parents.

From there I went to see a former student, and beautiful young lady. I know she feels lost and helpless sometimes. It's that age where friends are in college or getting married and she is at loose ends. I love spending time with her. I don't know if I help her or she helps me, I just know we have good times together.

Lastly I went to visit a colleague. I knew she would be home from work and wanted to catch her before she headed to the football game. I miss talking to her on a daily basis. I miss seeing her kids. One is in college and one is now in high school. It seems so long ago that I taught them in class. It is fun watching them grow. We have forged a lifelong friendship in the time we worked together. I cherish that.

Still no word from the publisher on my book so I will be exploring an new avenue for that. I have people clammoring for the next book. They are excited that it will be a trilogy. I am frustrated by my PC and lack of a laptop. It's making me more crazy than usual.

Fall is in the air. I am not ready for fall and cooler temps. I am so a warm weather person. I am much happier when it is warmer. I missed being able to swim this summer as it is one of my favorite things to do. I didn't have that opportunity as much as I would have hoped. I am looking forward to winter in warmer weather where I will be able to swim.

All in all it has been a marvelous day. I am looking forward to the rest of the week-end and what the weeks ahead will bring. Going to curl up with a good book. Hope you do too.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...