Monday, September 12, 2011

It's Monday!!!!

Hope your week is off to a great start. Mine most certainly is. It's Monday and I awoke with a feeling of good things to come. So, I've adjusted my attitude accordingly.

I am looking for an agent and a publisher. That means dragging out my copy of Jeff Herrmann's Guide to Literary Agents. Time I get down to business. No one will take me seriously if I don't. Looking for an agent who represents mystery writers.

I personnally think this series I'm working on is my best work yet. I stepped out of my comfort zone to write in first person. Definitely a new approach for me. I am also out of my comfort zone carrying my characters into a new book (experiences). They are proving to be up to the task. Was surprised where this one is taking me and what I am learning along the way. Yes, I believe you can learn from your characters.

I have come to believe my house will sell. That there is something different out there for me...new adventures. Life is waitng for me to get up and get moving.

I had the opportunity to attend the wedding of two of my former students over the week-end. I had them both when they were in elementary school. They are now 26. I was flattered to get the invitation. I have seen them over the years and they have grown into the wonderful young people I would have expected. I was doubly flattered to be included in some of their wedding photos. That meant a lot to me. The day was lovely, the bride was beautiful and the groom was handsome. Their happiness was contagious. I wish you well Brett Lee and Geri Lyn Fowler.

I am still looking for a way to give back. I know if I just let it happen it will come to me. I'm not going to dwell on it. Life is what you make it and I plan on making mine stretch to the fullest.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...