Thursday, September 29, 2011

Faith and Friends

I know that whatever God sets before me He will lead me through it. I also know that sometimes I give him a good run for his money when I come close to the butterfly that is hiding the Devil. I never give up on God and He hasn't given up on me.

A friend brought her son by to pick up my dead laptop. He was going to see if he could get it running. I am done playing with it, it's way past time for a new one. As he was getting ready to leave he said to me, "Do you want me to come by and mow the lawn for you since you can't ride the mower right now?" What a generous offer. He has mowed for me several times this summer and has helped with things around the house. Not because he's looking for money, but because that is the kind of person his parents taught him to be.

My friends are amazing. They seem to know when I need to hear from them almost instinctively. They have never failed to rescue from whatever mishap I've gotten myself into this time. They make me a better person for having known them.

I have young friends who've grown from the children I had as students into amazing young men and women. They make me proud to have been a part of their lives at one time or another. Some of them don't see themselves as anything special, yet I'm not sure I would be strong enough to walk one day in their shoes. They've taught me much about life and living. I thank God each day that they have crossed my path and still keep in touch.

I have learned that my life will never be about the money I made, the house I lived in or how much I leave to my family. It will about the lives I've touched and those that touched me. I love you all.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...