Monday, July 18, 2011

Just Another Manic Monday

I'm retired. Monday should just be another day. Why is it that the last two have been awful? Last week it was AT& T and Life Alert. Today it was Life Alert again, and the doctor.

Let's start with the doctor. Okay last month he said I have high blood pressure. I've had it before, so it's possible. Well the two meds we have tried have had bad side effects. So he writes a prescription for a third one. I drop the subscription off at Wal-Mart and go to breakfast. (That was a fiasco I will not take on today). I returned to Wal-Mart, picked up the things I needed for a baby shower on Sunday and went to get my meds. Well, they don't carry it and won't have it in until tomorrow and when it comes in it will cost me $36 over what my insurance will pay...I don't think so. I went home and called the doctor's office. He called in something different. This med was more reasonably priced, however, when I read about it I was afraid to even take it. I did, but I'm no less frightened.

From there I moved to the new contract from Life Alert. Ok. It will now cost me $29.95/mo. Hmmm...did they tell me that they were going to bill me quarterly???? NO. So, I called. I'm done with them. I was going to be reasonable as they already had $59.95 and that should have covered July and August so bill me quarterly beginning in Sept. I could live with that. No, they were billing me in August. There is no refund for the extra $30. So, cancel my account. I spoke to four gentlemen in their "retention" department. Each time I told them I wanted to cancel my account they put me on hold for someone else. The fourth guy said, "Just pack up our stuff and send it back and you will be cancelled." I had already done that last week. I want the mobile cancelled. He says there's a penalty for that. "You will be charged 6 times the monthly bill." I very politely told him he was full of shit and hung up. DO NOT EVER GET LIFE ALERT. Their whole game is to rip-off unsuspecting senior citizens. Check into Phillips Lifeline or ADT's service (ADT by the way offers AARP discounts). I'm sure there are other companies, these are just two other options. I have no idea what they cost, but they have to be better.

So, I have fired up my personal taser, watch out come Taser Tuesday. I am armed and dangerous. In the meantime, I will be working on rewrites of the first ten chapters of book two in my series. Then going on to write more.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...